Coconut Oil fixes everything… am I right?!
- Hair Care
- Skin Care
- Weight loss/Regulation of Metabolism
- Immune System Boost
- Stress Relief
- Cholesterol Maintenance
Seemingly, I have read a million and one articles (scholarly and non), all of which do nothing but praise coconut oil and its’ effectiveness/diversity.
It may be able to provide relief for the following HEALTH AILMENTS:
- Heart Disease
- High Blood Pressure
- Kidney Problems/UTIs
- Dental/Bone Problems
- Gallbladder Disease
- Skin Problems (Eczema, Dermatitis, Psoriasis)
Now I am all for healthy, all-natural, CLEAN saturated fats (not hydrogenated vegetable or seed oils). And fifty percent of the fat content in coconut oil is a fat rarely found in nature – lauric acid. Your body converts this acid into “monolaurin”, which is anti-viral, anti-bacterial, and anti-protozoa.
This monoglyceride can actually destroy lipid-coated viruses like:
- Pathogenic Bacteria (Various)
- Protozoas (like Giardia Lamblia – “food poisoning”)
Some even use it as a natural sunscreen (is that why sunscreens smell like coconut?). Again, the fatty acids reduce inflammation internally and externally, as well as moisturize, so it can protect the skin. Its been found to also help balance out the fungal or candida culprits of many skin conditions (because of its’ anti-microbial properties).
I wholeheartedly believe that every household should have (& utilize) a big tub of this organic miracle worker. Keep in mind though, not all types you’ll find in stores are equal.
- Organic Virgin (purest form/rare)
- Virgin (antioxidants, medium chain fatty acids, anti-microbial *edible, massage, hair, cosmetic, medicinal, industrial* – one of the best)
- Extra-Virgin (basically the same as Virgin..)
- “Liquid Coconut Oil”: (missing lauric acid, usually highly-refined)
- Organic Coconut Oil (another well respected, natural form)
- [Chemically] Refined Coconut Oil (bleached & deodorized – YUCK!)
- [Expeller-Pressed] Refined Coconut Oil (cleaner, mechanically extracted oil)
*DISCLAIMER: THE EDITOR DOES NOT HOLD A MEDICAL LICENSE. EVERYTHING THAT YOU READ ON BALANCEDLIFEALOHA.COM IS BASED ON EITHER OPINION OR RESEARCH. WE DO NOT RECOMMEND TRYING ANYTHING REFERENCED OR SHARED UNLESS YOU DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH FIRST AND TALK TO YOUR OWN HEALTHCARE PROVIDER. BALANCED LIFE ALOHA, LLC IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY UNINTENTIONAL TORTS & BY USING THIS WEBSITE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS.