Legumes? Green Beans? Snap Peas? String Beans? …I’m just going to go with the name that comes on the package that I buy from the store, and thats – STRING BEANS.
So, the helpful tip that I live by when roasting these, amongst other veggies as well, is to allow your roasting pan to preheat with the oven while you prep the veggies. This allows a more even baking as well as reaching that crispy texture instead of a soggy texture.
- 1 package string beans
- 1 tbsp. ghee oil (USE AVOCADO OR OLIVE OIL TO MAKE DAIRY-FREE)
- 1 tsp. sea salt (or more/less per your desire)
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/4 cup vegan parmesan cheese (I like to use Kelly’s Croutons “Gourmet Cheezy Parm” because it offers a rich, nutty, cheesy taste + this one is a good option as well.)
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees. Also place your roasting pan in to the oven to warm up while you prep the string beans.
- Rinse and pat dry your already trimmed string beans (or if you’re like me, you can just snap the ends off as your eating them, lol).
- Place the beans in a large mixing bowl, pour the ghee oil (or olive/avocado oil) over them and mix to ensure that all are coated.
- Sprinkle the sea salt, pepper, and nutritional yeast on top and mix again until evenly coated.
- Remove the heated roasting pan from pre-heated oven and place the now-coated string beans on it in a single layer + even/centered line.
- Sprinkle the vegan parmesan cheese over the top of the lined-up string beans.
- Place in oven and roast for about 10-13 minutes depending on your oven and desired crispiness.
PRINTABLE (right click to download):